For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 40 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has been operating in Myanmar since 1994. Its main programme delivers comprehensive Harm Reduction and HIV/AIDS prevention and care, focusing on the high-risk groups of Drug Users (Kachin State), Female Sex Workers and Men having Sex with Men (Yangon area). In addition, MdM is implementing, in partnership with a local NGO a community-led Harm Reduction programme in Kachin as well.
The Field program coordinator (M/F) provides technical support and oversight to the three project sites in Kachin, he is in charge of the management, implementation and monitoring of all technical support work.
Directly line managed by the Kachin Field coordinator, as Field Program Coordinator, you have functional link with the Deputy general coordinator and the Medical coordinator based at Country Coordination Office in Yangon.
The Field program coordinator is the direct line manager of Medical and Prevention advisors, and Monitoring & Evaluation and Community Mobilisation Managers supervising technical implementation of activities in three sites: Myitkyina, Moegaung and Hopin.
As Field program coordinator, you will have to:
• Analyse the context and opportunities among the different stakeholders in the field of Harm Reduction and the fight against Hepatitis C (HCV) and support development of strategies/innovative approaches suitable to the context.
• Provide technical guidance to develop appropriate policies, strategies and operations in line with national and global harm reduction strategy to address the prevention, treatment and care in an integrated approach in community settings.
• Oversee and supervise the technical support provided by advisors and managers in ensuring that programme implementation is in line with the MdM’s national strategies and technical standards and the donors requirements.
• Track and anticipate technical implementation issues, concerns and take corrective measures in consultation with the Field Coordinator
• Ensure performance management of 2 technical advisors and 2 technical managers with regular 1:1 and annual appraisal.
• Monitor, evaluate and analyse Kachin projects overall programme indicators on a regular basis and take corrective measures on the identified gaps.
• Ensure regular supervision and organise support visits to each project sites to garantee quality of the programme.
• Participate in programme strategic plans and reviews
• Participate in the logistics and finance follow-up of the programme.
• Coordinate, build network and represent the organisation in meetings with relevant internal and external stakeholders, including donor agencies.
• Prepare regular internal and external programme reports in consultation with technical team.
• Provide technical support to advocate working with People Who Use Drugs as a most vulnerable and at-risk population and promote their inclusion in health service planning, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
• Provide technical guidance in developing capacity of local NGOs and other stakeholders including DUGs to build sustainable institutional promotion and implementation of harm reduction activities
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Fixed-term contract : 12 months
Starting date: As soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 2 763 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (after 6 months)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
At least 2 years’ technical coordination experience in development/humanitarian context.
Past experience in HIV/harm Reduction related interventions
Degree in public health is a must
Degree in relevant social science, human rights, development studies, NGO management or equivalent fields
Extensive experience in project cycle management, management tools and M&E mechanisms
Team manager with strong leadership skills
Experience in partnership development with local authorities
Strong problem solving and organisational skills
Ability to classify and to manage priorities
Listening and diplomacy skills
Capacity to work and to live in a multicultural environment
Fluent English (writing/speaking)
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
Merci de remplir le formulaire et de joindre votre CV